[erlang-questions] max fds for epoll incorrectly reduced to FD_SETSIZE

Bjorn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Fri Mar 6 15:34:43 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Steve Vinoski <vinoski@REDACTED> wrote:
> Yep, it's as plain as day once you know where to look. In the
> configure script generated from erts/configure.in, the test for
> working poll first checks to see if we're cross-compiling, and if so,
> it unconditionally sets the "poll_works" variable to false. That's the
> source of the problem I'm seeing.
>
> Given how critical this is to being able to cross-compile a scalable
> runtime, I think there has to be a way to assert to configure that it
> can just assume poll works. One way to do this is to allow for setting
> a environment variable, let's call it ASSERT_WORKING_POLL, while
> running configure. Here's a patch to erts/configure.in to allow that:

We plan to introduce basic support for cross-compilation in R13B
(with improvements in subsequent releases), and it will allow you to
specify whether poll works on the target platform. Therefore, we will
not include your patch.

/Bjorn