[erlang-questions] Generating skeleton linked-in driver code using an IDL?

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Fri Mar 6 09:27:46 CET 2009

Hi Jani,

The IDL compiler (IC) in the Erlang/OTP release already has support
for generating the Erlang side and
the C side including serialization to the Erlang external format.

This is used for communcation between Erlang-nodes and so called
C-nodes implemnted with help of the erl_interface/ei libraries.
When used like this there is absolutely no CORBA involved.

Unfortunately it does not have support for generating the Erlang and C
side of a driver but it would not be a very big job to add that as an
additional backend.

/Kenneth Erlang/OTP, Ericsson