[erlang-questions] STM

Tony Arcieri tony@REDACTED
Thu Mar 5 01:48:39 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Sargun Dhillon <xbmodder@REDACTED> wrote:

> How is it not?

When I asked the question I probably should've mentioned I had Clojure on
the brain.  Clojure has first-class support for STM and permits mutable
state within "atomic" sections of code (where it has immutable state
otherwise)

I suppose I was wondering if someone had ever experimented with a system
like that which permits transactional node-local mutable state.  And I guess
the answer is still Mnesia does that... to a degree.  However Mnesia
requires you configure tables/schema ahead of time and it certainly isn't a
first-class language feature, not that that's a requirement of STM systems.

--
Tony Arcieri
medioh.com