[erlang-questions] When does xmerl handles unicode_char()

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Tue Jun 30 11:06:34 CEST 2009

Roessner, Silvester wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> xmerl (R13B2) still uses (only) its own unicode managment.
> Is it planned that xmerl also support unicode_char()?

R13B2 - do you mean the snapshot?

The latest supported release of OTP is R13B01.

If you look in the xmerl/src directory, you can see the
new xmerl_sax_parser. It uses the new unicode extensions
and supports UTF8 and UTF16 (big endian and little endian).

The plan is that the old API will be retrofitted to the
new parser, according to Kenneth Lundin at the London Erlang
Factory.

 From the R13B01 release notes:

"The version is increased from 1.1.12 to 1.2 is due to that
the new parser is dependent on the Unicode support that was
added in OTP R13B. The old xmerl functionality is not
changed."

That is the plan. Whether all this will fall into place
already in R13B02 is more than I can say.

BR,
Ulf W
--
Ulf Wiger