EUnit Help

David Mercer <>
Mon Jun 15 21:57:48 CEST 2009

In follow-up to my inquiries last week regarding EUnit vs. Common Test, I
decided to give EUnit a whirl.  So I added the EUnit header, created a
function inter_header_test/0 in my module, compiled, and then ran it:

82> x12_00501:inter_header_test().

That was straightforward and correct.  However, I am led to believe that
running the module's test/0 function (which EUnit creates and exports for me
automatically) will run all my tests.  Alas, I get the following error when
I try:

83> x12_00501:test().

x12_00501: inter_header_test (module 'x12_00501')...*skipped*

*unexpected termination of test process*

  Failed: 0.  Skipped: 0.  Passed: 0.

One or more tests were cancelled.

Can anyone decipher the EUnit error report and figure out what I did wrong?
Please advise.  Thank-you.