Crashing gtk app in priv/examples

mats cronqvist masse@REDACTED
Mon Jun 15 16:00:47 CEST 2009

"Yves S. Garret" <yoursurrogategod@REDACTED> writes:

> Ok.  I don't know why this is happening.
>
> I checked out the code from this place:
> http://code.google.com/p/gtknode/source/checkout
>
> I did as it instructed me (autoconf, automake, config, etc.)  The
> automake was some what eventful... I haven't touched that application
> in what seems like ages, so forgive me if I interpret this as odd
> behavior when it's not:

  It is unfortunately normal for automake to whine about GNU makefiles.

> Now, when I went down into priv/examples/hello_world and compiled the
> app.  It compiled just fine.  However, when I started up the virtual
> machine and tried to run the program, I was in for a nasty surprise:
> +++
> 1> hello_world:start().
> <0.33.0>
> 2>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 14-Jun-2009::21:00:48 ===
> Error in process <0.33.0> with exit value: {undef,[{gtknode,start,
> [hello_world]},{hello_world,init,0}]}
> +++
>
> Unsure how to proceed here.  Any suggestions?  Have I missed
> anything?  If I need to post more information about what I've done,
> please tell me and I'll do as soon as I can.

  seems the gtknode.erl program was not compiled. Now, when you say
  "when I went down into priv/examples/hello_world and compiled the
  app.", does that mean it was the only thing you compiled? You have to
  'make' in the to gtknode dir.

  mats