[erlang-questions] erlang improvement - objective c (or smalltalk) syntax

Jon Gretar Borgthorsson jongretar@REDACTED
Thu Jun 4 17:11:14 CEST 2009

Having written quite a bit in Objective-C I am a great big fan of the
language.
However I don't find this to be an improvement in this case. Instead of
remembering the argument order you have to remember the arguments. And I
think this might produce harder to debug errors.

Also it kinda forces verbosity on you. I like Erlang's short and to the
point syntax. Even if it means we have to take a look at the docs every now
and then. I think it just means that we need better access to the docs.

We can rewrite the standard libs without changing the syntax though. :)

Just my 2 cents.

 - Jon Gretar