[erlang-questions] erlang improvement - objective c (or smalltalk) syntax

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Thu Jun 4 12:56:10 CEST 2009

Greetings,

Does the "canonical form" concept mean that the (hypothetical, new,
improved) string module would have both substring/3 and
substring_string_start_length/3 exported?

And that I could either call
string:substring( string:S start:I length:J )
or
string:substring_string_start_length( String, Start, Length )
?

But neither
string:substring( String, Start, Length )
nor
string:substring_string_start_length( string:S start:I length:J )
would not work?

bengt