[erlang-questions] Why doesn't backup/restore work for me?

Hakan Mattsson hakan@REDACTED
Tue Jun 2 18:21:52 CEST 2009

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Sergey Samokhin wrote:

> After mnesia:restore/2 has been applied, I don't see the records
> restored from backup made by mnesia:backup/1 (which is supposed to
> create complete backup of all the table if I don't make a mistake).
>
> I must have missed something significant, but I don't see what exactly.

Only the disk resident tables are included in the backup by default.
You can verify this by using the function

  bup:count("Your backup file").

which will count all records in the backup. Or you can use

  bup:view("Your backup file", mnesia_backup).

which will print out all records in the backup. Both functions are
located in the file mnesia/examples/bup.erl.

/Håkan
---
Håkan Mattsson (uabhams)
Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB