[erlang-questions] New IRC Channel: #erlang-otp

Kevin A. Smith kevin@REDACTED
Wed Jul 29 23:44:38 CEST 2009

The problem is a social one, I think. There are a few people on
#erlang who come across as pretty hostile, especially to newbies. I
personal know of at least 8 experienced Erlangers who avoid the
channel because of the environment there. There's no clear op on the
channel so no real ability to fix the issue, at least as far as I can
tell.

Me and a few others decided that creating a new channel was the only
way to route around the problem. Our hope is that the channel will
provide a more friendly IRC face for the community and give people a
place to hang out and exchange ideas and get help.

--Kevin