[erlang-questions] Re: Misultin v0.1 released

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Tue Jul 28 21:15:58 CEST 2009

> It would help perhaps (and I'm curious) if you were describe more
> explicitly what differences in the approach you use to the socket handling
> are relevant to the performance improvement.

i've seen that mochiweb uses too {packet, http}, which puts the socket into
http mode. as per
http://www.trapexit.org/A_fast_web_server_demonstrating_some_undocumented_Erlang_featuresthis
is an undocumented erlang feature which is "not supported by Ericsson
[but is] used in comercially shipping system". the socket waits for an http
request line [request], then switches to 'header' mode until the headers are
done {ok, http_eoh} [headers] before switching to reading raw body data
[body].

therefore, i am unsure which parts of the code and socket handling are
actually providing a better overall performance. to know, it would mean
benchmarking the code on its main parts.

cheers,

r.