[erlang-questions] How to distribute code using code server to slave nodes (II)

Angel clist@REDACTED
Wed Jul 22 13:22:16 CEST 2009

Hi again

More on this issue ive managed to start a remote node using the code server

start erlang in distribute mode.. on the Master Node.

start the code server...
code_server4:start( MyRemoteSlave).

and finally

slave:start(MyRemoteSlave,Nost,Name,SomeArgs).

where SomeArgs contains "-setcookie mycookie and -hosts <master node IP> -loader inet"

resulting in a timeout failure to start and setup the remote slave.

But if i logon on the slave node and do...

sinosuke@REDACTED:~> erl -hosts <MasterIP> -loader inet -id one@<MyRemoteSlave> -name one@<MyRemoteSlave> -setcookie mycookie

¡¡it success!!

Erlang R13B01 (erts-5.7.2) [source] [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.7.2  (abort with ^G)
(one@REDACTED)1>

tcpdump shows network activity while the remote code server ask Master code server for the required stuff..
(adding +l to erl cmdline show remote code loading)

So the aproach is correct but the remote node fails to load all the required code in time and the slave module on the master
complains about timeout.

¿¿Can i tweak this timeout value in order to let the remote node finish its code loading??

I whant to use "-loader inet" to avoid having to deploy my app code all over the remote nodes by hand.

Regards Angel

--
No imprima este correo si no es necesario. El medio ambiente está en nuestras manos.