[erlang-questions] Any message queue model in Erlang when doing Comet chat?

Zhuguo Shi blueflycn@REDACTED
Wed Jul 22 03:12:21 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

I did the checking by sending messages in a high frequency, like you enter
some letters and press the "send" button quickly. My comet chat is like
Facebook's and the polling connection is automatically disconnect and
reconnect in 10 senconds (Facebook is about 50 seconds). So I doubt if you
send a message to a user that just disconnected and have not connected, the
message will lost.

The test result is not good before I added the database sync mechanism. I am
not sure if there is any problem in my code or test. I did this comet chat
prototype just according to Richard's series (
http://www.metabrew.com/article/a-million-user-comet-application-with-mochiweb-part-1/
).

Any suggestions?