[erlang-questions] Why does this not work in the latest otp

Wed Jul 8 10:42:37 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 02:58:11PM +0200, Raimo Niskanen wrote:
> Congratulations, you have found a serious bug in
> the new atom cache code!
>
> Simply when sending [] (the empty list) as the _complete_
> message to a remote process, decoding fails in R13B01.
> That is serious and it is interesting to note that
> sending [] as the complete message between remote
> processes must be _very_ uncommon, oddly enough.
> You are the only one so far that has encountered it.
>
> The developer that wrote the new atom cache (now on vacation)
> has given me a two-line patch to regression test. First shot
> on one platform works fine and I do not expect any problems.
> Next week I will post the patch if the regression tests run fine.

Sorry about the delay.

I had almost totally unrelated problems in the regression tests.
(caused by the same developer, otherwise totally unrelated).
But here is the two-line patch (attached). It works fine
in our regression tests (when they run).