Dialyzer and erlang:error/1

Oscar Hellström oscar@REDACTED
Wed Jul 8 12:45:03 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I'm trying to express that a valid list of options will return ok while
any invalid option would eventually throw an exception, but Dialyzer and
I don't get along.

Dialyzer says:
foo.erl:14: The call foo:verify(Options::any(),[any(),...]) will never
return since it differs in argument position 2 from the success typing
arguments: (['bar' | 'foo'],[])

This is entirely true, but it's not an error, it's what I want! I guess
I'm failing to express what I want here, so could anybody help me?

Best regards

--
Oscar Hellström, oscar@REDACTED
Office: +44 20 7655 0337