[erlang-questions] What's the recommended template engine for web development with erlang?

Liu Yubao yubao.liu@REDACTED
Wed Jan 21 10:50:17 CET 2009

Christian wrote:
>> * erldtl
>>
>>  Pros: The template notation seems good(I hate <newtag> and <%...%> :-)
>>        templates are compiled to erlang modules;
>>  Cons: not completed yet.
>
> What is a show-stopper for you about erlydtl? What is not complete
> enough for you?
In fact, I prefer erlydtl to erltl in erlyweb because I feel erlydtl
is cleaner. I *really* don't like to embedd erlang code into html template
because it's not editor-friendly enough.

> The features I use, they work well.
The author says he has implemented most important template synatexes,
I have a glance at the source code, it looks clean and clear, so I
believe the author has done a good job and it should be not very difficult
to support more syntaxes.

Currently I'm testing erlydtl and sgte, erlydtl has more interesting features
like autoescape and time formating, I think I'll probably choose erlydtl at last.

> I'm about to get annoyed enough with rebuilding all template modules
> each time i run make that i am ready to add something that only builds
> the templates that have changed or use dependencies that have changed.
> But other than that, it works fine.

Yes, I'm also considering a gen_server to monitor template changes,
I'll be very glad if you can send me a copy after you finish the feature.

Best regards,

Liu Yubao