[erlang-questions] UBF

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Thu Jan 15 10:13:20 CET 2009

All,

Having just had a discussion with a friend about client server
protocol design, I remembered to reference back to Joe's proposal for
UBF. I re-read the pdf paper and the power of "programming by
contract" really struck home with me on re-read in a *big way*.
Despite the fact that UBF seems to have been rather inactive
development-wise for 5 years, it really does look to me like it's the
right solution for us (a large amount of small messages, various
client platforms/technologies).

So I'm wondering...
* Does anybody have experience of using UBF?
* Was this experience of using UBF 100% positive?
* Can anyone think of any downside to using UBF over XML/WSDL (apart
from the obvious cultural ones)?

thanks!
/s