[erlang-questions] Shell doesn't seem to recognize code changes.

Oscar Hellström oscar@REDACTED
Wed Jan 7 11:40:36 CET 2009

Hi,

How do you compile the module? If you use erlc or erl -make outside of
the shell you also need to load the new module in the shell. You can do
that by executing l(ModuleName). A module is loaded by the code server
the first time it is used (or at boot in embedded mode) and the loaded
version will be kept until the something (user or program) tells the
code server to reload the module.  If a module is recompiled from the
shell (using c/1 or c/2) the module will also be reloaded.