[erlang-questions] Evaluating Erlang/erl_interface for the iPhone

Gilbert B Garza gilbertbgarza@REDACTED
Wed Jan 7 04:30:39 CET 2009

Hello, I'm new to Erlang, and have been learning it for the past two weeks
(and enjoying it, I might add).

Currently I'm evaluating whether Erlang/erl_interface is a good choice to
use for a server-side language for an iPhone application. The application
will require a persistant connection to the Erlang server, as it will be
constantly sending/receiving data.

Does erl_interface function correctly in Objective-C, specifically in an
iPhone environment? How does erl_interface handle connections when being
used as a client?

Thanks very much for any insight,
-Gilbert