[erlang-questions] The Beauty of Erlang Syntax

Christian chsu79@REDACTED
Tue Feb 24 18:50:15 CET 2009

2009/2/24 Hynek Vychodil <vychodil.hynek@REDACTED>:

>> > I'm curious what you mean by saying that Erlang is "academic".
>>
>>  "functional" is a subset of "academic."
>
> Show me reliable system in Java with million SLOC. Java is "academic". Be
> fair, Java system should have about ten or more million SLOC to be compared
> to AXD 301.

Academic is not a curse-word (except for those that failed univ).

I am not familiar with the AXD 301 code base to say anything about it,
I have not worked with it.

The power of Erlang is not in the trademark, it is in the practices
Erlang put you in when programming, those practices when well
understood can be applied on other languages. That is what interest
me.