[erlang-questions] abstract patterns vs macros was:( Floating guard sequences)

Anthony Molinaro <>
Fri Feb 20 01:44:35 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 12:15:20PM +1300, Richard O'Keefe wrote:
> On 20 Feb 2009, at 7:53 am, fess wrote:
> > I'm sure I can learn something by asking,  why not just do this with
> > macros?
> Well, you could start by reading the paper.

I went looking for said paper and it's extremely hard to find.
After hunting on google for 10 minutes with keywords like "abstract patterns",
"abstract patterns erlang", "abstract patterns o'keefe", I eventually
found 2 other papers which reference "Abstract Patterns for Erlang"
by Richard O'Keefe, so that must be it, right?  Well another google
search returns 3 results

None of which are the paper.  However the 3rd link eventually leads to

Which includes a paper with the title "Pattern Abstraction" apparently
by Richard O'Keefe.

So maybe that's the so called paper, or maybe there is another one out

Anthony Molinaro                                           <>