[erlang-questions] What database can I use with erlang to store 100M records and select single one in 0.1s

Scott Zhang getyourcontacts@REDACTED
Tue Feb 17 18:43:04 CET 2009

Hi.

I opened a question about mnesia days ago. Now I am facing another question.

I am going to scrape large amount of data and put them into database.
Previously, my program was written in .NET/C# and saved the records into
SqlServer, after 10 days running, I have 63M records in database which make
SqlServer really slow, select single record need more than 1 minute which is
unacceptable.

And days ago, I tried to save 7M records in mnesia with table type=
disc_only_copies. I tested , select single one from that talbe need more
than 20 seconds which is unacceptable too. ( I don't want to conclude
mnesia's performance is worse than SqlServer.)

Lenz suggested me to use couchDB, just checked, couchDB depends on too much
things and these depends make it hard to configure on window system.

So here, does anyone has a good suggestion for a database can fit 63M(this
time may get 2billion) and select one node within 1 sec?

Thanks.

Regards.

Scott