[erlang-questions] Runtime update of inetrc configuration

Geoff Cant <>
Mon Feb 9 17:40:33 CET 2009

Well, you can follow the code that populates inet_db from resolv.conf
and friends at

The inet_db module itself has functions to update nameservers, domain
search lists etc. inet_db:add_host({127,0,0,1}, "yourhostnamehere")
might do what you want.

It's all undocumented, so it wouldn't pay to write code using it unless
you want to pay the maintenance cost later.