[erlang-questions] sinan build fails: internal error in beam_asm

Thomas Brian taum.xd@REDACTED
Sat Feb 7 20:55:04 CET 2009

Thanks, actually I already saw that documentation and knew about
application:start(). I was looking for a simpler way to do that, because
spawning a shell and typing that everytime is rather tedious.
Also, my application -- as I would guess most erlang apps -- is a server, so
having to spawn a shell is not very practical as I need to logout after I
started the application.

After some extensive search, I found that I could start my app with :
erl -pa _build/development/apps/foo-0.1.0/ebin/ -boot
_build/development/releases/0.1.0.0/testapp
It seems weird to me that sinan does not provide a quick command such as
"sinan run" to start the app. Moreover I couldn't find this command (erl -pa
... -boot ...) in any tutorial I read. My assumption was that this was a
really basic task most people would need. Am I wrong in guessing that?

Besides, sinan build still spits this cryptic message in my face on my
development machine (Mac OS 10.5.6). I couldn't find anything interesting on
google. I was able to get sinan to work on Ubuntu, but I'd much rather have
it on my main OS.