[erlang-questions] yaws wont start ssl error.

Salonee Sinha Roy ssroy1979@REDACTED
Sat Feb 7 03:12:31 CET 2009

Hello All
First some background
I am running erlang on ubuntu. Initially I installed R11 using apt-get
install erlang. I then installed yaws after downloading the file from
http://yaws.hyber.org and following instructions from there.

Subsequently I uninstalled R11 by doing a apt-get remove erlang and then
reinstalled by hand after downloading the R12 install files from
http://www.erlang.org  and following the instructions.

I then reinstalled yaws by doing  the following the yaws package.

./configure && make
make install.

Now when I try to start yaws as root I get the following error

root@REDACTED:~# yaws
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.5 [source] [async-threads:0] [hipe]
[kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.6.5  (abort with ^G)
1>
=INFO REPORT==== 6-Feb-2009::18:07:02 ===
Yaws: Using config file /usr/local/etc/yaws.conf

=ERROR REPORT==== 6-Feb-2009::18:07:02 ===
Failed to start ssl: {'EXIT',{undef,[{ssl,start,[]},
                                     {yaws_config,ssl_start,0},
                                     {yaws_config,fload,7},
                                     {yaws_config,load,1},
                                     {yaws_server,init,1},