[erlang-questions] Using Dialyzer on Ubuntu 9.10?

Jeremy Raymond jeraymond@REDACTED
Fri Dec 18 19:14:33 CET 2009

I've successfully downloaded, compiled, and installed R13B03. Dialyzer is
currently building the plt file.

The Ubuntu default Erlang install is located at:
     /usr/{bin, lib/erlang, etc}
and the version I built myself goes to
     /usr/local/{bin, lib/erlang, etc}
so there's no conflict on the install.

In the future when I download a newer Erlang version, compile it and install
it again, do I need to manually delete the old install (if I want the same
location) or will the new version do the right thing on make install and
just overwrite the current install?

Thanks,

Jeremy