[erlang-questions] new ssl vs embedded mode

Doug Fort <>
Mon Dec 14 16:53:43 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Attila Rajmund Nohl <
> wrote:

> 2009/12/14, Doug Fort <>:
> > On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Dan Gudmundsson
> [...]
> >> Have you remembered to load the public_key application,
> >> which is required by ssl if new_ssl is used?
> >>
> >> aha! That's it! It works fine in embedded mode when I add {public_key,
> > "0.4"} to the release file. Sorry about the confusion and thanks for your
> > help.
> By the way, wouldn't it be feasible if ssl would automatically start
> public_key and crypto? Some really stupid errors could be avoided
> (guess what application I forgot to start)...
> The problem is not starting them, but having them available in embedded

See 1.4 here

Even if there were some way to start them implicitly, I would rather have
them declared explicitly in the release file (now that I know).
Doug Fort, Consulting Programmer
Sent from Arlington, VA, United States