status of EEPs

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Fri Dec 11 16:01:57 CET 2009

Hi,

I was about to ask why there is no documentation regarding -type and
-spec except for the EEP 8 text, but looking closer I see that the EEP
isn't even accepted. And even those that have been accepted and
finalized are still marked as "draft".

Shouldn't the EEPs that are part of the distribution (even as
experimental implementations) be marked somehow as such?
And shouldn't the documentation explain them, in the worst case by
linking to the EEP text? Other experimental features are documented...
What is really the status of EEP8?

Simply put, is it just a miss, or is there a reason for this?

best regards,
Vlad