[erlang-questions] web sockets almost working ....

Hynek Vychodil hynek@REDACTED
Thu Dec 10 17:39:15 CET 2009

I have read it's specification and payload of currently defined frames
must be valid utf-8. It is little bit annoying. I would like fill
frames with BERT or UFB. Implement BERT-RPC or UBF-RPC sounds great
for me. Implementation of BERT or UBF in V8 should be considerable
fast.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti
<senthilkumar.peelikkampatti@REDACTED> wrote:
> Perfect. Inherent nature of the Erlang (message passing and its
> concurrency handling) is perfect fit for Websocket. Json would have
> been easy without resorting to json modules if it is available as BIF
> in erlang as you suggested earlier somewhere, nontheless it is not big
> deal to provide json capability and we will certainly do it.
> Thanks Joe.
>
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
>> Brilliant - the race is on  - then add a json/erlang term format
>> abstartionn layer on top
>> of the raw socket interface.
>>
>> Another group should do an in-line chat engine
>>
>> Use a DHT for the users and we could make an infinitly scabale IRC engine :-)
>>
>> /Joe
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti
>> <senthilkumar.peelikkampatti@REDACTED> wrote:
>>>  Joe,
>>>     Thanks for heads up. We are working on websocket and repository
>>>  is setup at http://github.com/sendtopms/erlwebsockserver. Initial
>>>  target is Mochiweb and we are planning for supporting other app
>>>  servers like inet and yaws.
>>>
>>> --Senthil

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti,
>>> http://pmsenthilkumar.blogspot.com/

>>> erlang-questions (at) erlang.org
>>>

> --
> Regards,
> Senthilkumar Peelikkampatti,
> http://pmsenthilkumar.blogspot.com/

> erlang-questions (at) erlang.org

--
--Hynek (Pichi) Vychodil

Analyze your data in minutes. Share your insights instantly. Thrill
your boss.  Be a data hero!
Try Good Data now for free: www.gooddata.com