common_test Automatic Naming

Jayson Vantuyl kagato@REDACTED
Mon Dec 7 20:33:52 CET 2009

So, when I let common_test generate its HTML output, I get these names for my modules.

I've got them in an Erlang-style libdir.  So module foo comes out as lib.foo and has its tests at lib/foo-X.Y.Z/test/something_SUITE.erl.

After doing some detective work, I determined that the name is generated by ct_run:get_name/1.  I see that it appears to take the two directory names above the test directory as the name of the suite.  What is the rationale behind this naming?  Is there somewhere else I should put my tests?  Is it ever going to be possible to override this naming scheme?

Thanks,

--
Jayson Vantuyl
kagato@REDACTED