[erlang-questions] Controlled interaction of two erlang distributed networks

Richard Andrews bflatmaj7th@REDACTED
Wed Aug 26 09:28:38 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Jayson Vantuyl<kagato@REDACTED> wrote:
> One more note.  You may also need to use the option "-connect_all false".
>  It keeps from having the nodes automatically connect to all of the nodes
> that a partner is connected to.  I always forget about that one.

Using this is actually what spawned this thread. Adding this option
appears to lead to breakage of the global name registry. Nodes get
stuck doing what I suspect is a global:sync() with hosts that will not
cooperate. So I'm looking for a way to quarantine global to each LAN
and provide a proxy for communication across the WAN link.