[erlang-questions] Re: escript and first target system

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Wed Aug 19 11:03:14 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 9:50 AM, David Nonnenmacher <dnonnenm@REDACTED>wrote:

> I add some detailled information about the error message, I got this:
>
> *>>> ./escript a_file.escript
> escript: Internal error: undef
> [{compile,
>     forms,
>     [[{attribute,0,file,{"a_file.escript",1}},
>       {attribute,0,module,escript__1250671405497140},
>       {attribute,7,export,[{main,1}]},
>       {function,
>           13,
>           main,
>           1,
>           [{clause, ....*
>
> I run escript command from the directory that contains the start_boot.beam
> (thank you Charpi for the tip). But I had still the above error.
>
> What's the meaning of this error message ? Maybe I need to configure
> something else ?

Looks like the compile module is not part of your release. The error means
that compile:forms function is undefined.

So, when you have your rel file, try adding the compiler app into it.

Robby