[erlang-questions] Which distributed key-value storage do you use?

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Wed Aug 12 22:19:09 CEST 2009

If you are using disc_copies, I think that thousands of
writes/sec is attainable.

Personally, I think that disc_only copies seldom have a
place nowadays, since they are limited to 2 GB, and
64-bit Erlang allows you to go way beyond that limit with
disc_copies and good performance.

There are some things to think about when going to 64 bit.
The main rule of thumb is that the initial switch will
nearly double the memory usage, unless you are using
binaries heavily. After that, you can just keep growing.

I once tested disc_copies up to about 13 GB on a 16 GB
machine. Performance was excellent.

http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2005-November/017728.html

BR,
Ulf W