[erlang-questions] Did Windows SMP support ever get added?

Carl McDade carlmcdade@REDACTED
Wed Apr 29 13:09:07 CEST 2009

I guess what I am looking for is a simple  way to confirm that Erlang is
seeing the other processor. Since since Erlang does not show this info at
start up the way it does on Linux.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Kenneth Lundin
<kenneth.lundin@REDACTED>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The SMP support on Windows was introduced in Erlang/OTP R12B which has
> been available for more than a year now.
>

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Carl McDade <carlmcdade@REDACTED>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am asking this because it is not clear in the docs. I recently went
> from
> > Windows 2003 server over to Windows XP Pro on a Dual processor PC.
> Windows
> > XP did not pick up both processors so I had to force it a bit. But now
> > Windows sees both processors but Erlang does not. Is it because
> >
> > a. I need to reinstall Erlang
> No
> > b. change a configuration file somewhere
> No, at least not any Erlang specific file
> > c. forget about it. Erlang does not support SMP in Windows yet.
> SMP support for Windows since R12B
>
> I am not aware of any specific problems on Windows XP.
>
> /Kenneth , Erlang/OTP , Ericsson
> >
> > Thanks for any advice
> >
> > --
> > Carl McDade