[erlang-questions] Did Windows SMP support ever get added?

Kenneth Lundin <>
Wed Apr 29 12:59:33 CEST 2009

The SMP support on Windows was introduced in Erlang/OTP R12B which has
been available for more than a year now.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Carl McDade <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am asking this because it is not clear in the docs. I recently went from
> Windows 2003 server over to Windows XP Pro on a Dual processor PC. Windows
> XP did not pick up both processors so I had to force it a bit. But now
> Windows sees both processors but Erlang does not. Is it because
> a. I need to reinstall Erlang
> b. change a configuration file somewhere
No, at least not any Erlang specific file
> c. forget about it. Erlang does not support SMP in Windows yet.
SMP support for Windows since R12B

I am not aware of any specific problems on Windows XP.

/Kenneth , Erlang/OTP , Ericsson