[erlang-questions] : : : : sctp_peeloff() support in OTP

Valentin Micic v@REDACTED
Wed Apr 22 22:37:21 CEST 2009

> In what way is it useful to dispatch messages from the
> driver level onto a PID dedicated for a streams if
> you do not get flow control per stream?

Not sure if it would be useful, and not sure if that is what I've been
trying to say/ask. Forget about my "stream processor" (*) suggestion, it is
irrelevant, and I prefer the implementation at the driver level anyway.
I was only wondering if there is a way to achieve a stream separation
without utilizing additional file descriptors. I think yes, but the driver
may end up too complex and difficult to maintain, etc.
I would be very grateful if you implement this feature whichever way you
find fit :-).

BR

V.

(*) I did say that stream processor can do queuing, though. This would imply
some basic flow control vis-à-vis target PID, but not necessarily with
respect to remote peer. :-)