[erlang-questions] : : : : sctp_peeloff() support in OTP

'Raimo Niskanen' raimo+erlang-questions@REDACTED
Wed Apr 22 18:15:56 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 06:00:25PM +0200, Valentin Micic wrote:
> One of the problems that I see with SCTP is that, unlike TCP where you have
> no choice but to send the reply over the same stream you've received request
> through; SCTP AFAIK does not regulate this -- you could receive a request
> over, say, stream 6 and send a reply using stream 54. Whilst this problem
> exists irrespective on how one implement stream separation, using separate
> file descriptor may look a bit wasteful from local resources point of view.
>
> If it was up to me, I would invest a bit more time in attempt to avoid usage
> of multiple file descriptors. Could one have a number of "pseudo-ports"
> mapped to the same "real" port/file descriptor?

Possible. But what I think is needed is a solution for the
head-of-line blocking problem. That is: flow control per stream.

In what way is it useful to dispatch messages from the
driver level onto a PID dedicated for a streams if
you do not get flow control per stream?