[erlang-questions] Erlang on Emacs

mats cronqvist masse@REDACTED
Mon Apr 13 13:53:41 CEST 2009

Jachym Holecek <freza@REDACTED> writes:

> # Jachym Holecek 2009-04-09:
>> # Peter McCarthy 2009-04-09:
>> > I recommend that you install Distel, then everything should become clear:
>> >
>> > http://fresh.homeunix.net/~luke/distel/
>>
>> FWIW distel doesn't work with CVS version of Emacs -- it fails to
>> connect to Erlang node. I didn't have the time (nor motivation,
>> really) to look into it in more detail.
>
> I received a private reply saying this works for other people,
> so I got curious and tried again with a fresh checkout of
>
>   http://code.google.com/p/distel/
>
> pointing Emacs to R12B-3 version of erlang.el, and indeed it works!

  AFAIK, google code distel works with any combination of Erlang
  R9-R13 and Gnu Emacs 19-23 + some versions of XEmacs. Most of the
  user base is pretty bleeding edge, so it's pretty much guaranteed to
  work with the current and upcoming releases (right now Erlang
  R12-R13 and Emacs 22-23.)

> I've been using Jungerl distel + older erlang.el with some local hacks
> previously and there must have been some odd interaction somewhere...

  Jungerl distel hasn't been updated in quite a few years, and only
  exists because it's too much work to delete it.

  The OTP erlang.el is not really maintained. I can recommend the
  erlang.el from erlware;

http://git.erlware.org/erlware-mode.git

  mats