[erlang-questions] Erlang on Emacs

Jachym Holecek <>
Fri Apr 10 11:21:00 CEST 2009

# Jachym Holecek 2009-04-09:
> # Peter McCarthy 2009-04-09:
> > I recommend that you install Distel, then everything should become clear:
> >
> > http://fresh.homeunix.net/~luke/distel/
> FWIW distel doesn't work with CVS version of Emacs -- it fails to
> connect to Erlang node. I didn't have the time (nor motivation,
> really) to look into it in more detail.

I received a private reply saying this works for other people,
so I got curious and tried again with a fresh checkout of

pointing Emacs to R12B-3 version of erlang.el, and indeed it works!
I've been using Jungerl distel + older erlang.el with some local hacks
previously and there must have been some odd interaction somewhere...

Sorry for the confusion,
	-- Jachym