[erlang-questions] RPC from linkedin driver

Torbjorn Tornkvist tobbe@REDACTED
Fri Apr 3 14:14:41 CEST 2009

Kenneth Lundin <kenneth.lundin@REDACTED> writes:

> We are working on significant performance improvements and new API's for
> XMERL.

Hm...talking about xmerl. It seems like xmerl's xsd functionality
doesn't like when you break out, e.g a complexType declaration from
where it is referred to.

So validating this: <n:label xmlns:n="blaha" text="Name"/>

With:

  <xsd:element name="label">
    <xsd:complexType>
      <xsd:attribute name="text" type="xsd:string" use="required" />
    </xsd:complexType>
  </xsd:element>

is fine, but with this:

  <xsd:complexType name="tLabel">
      <xsd:attribute name="text" type="xsd:string" use="required" />
  </xsd:complexType>

  <xsd:element name="label" type="tLabel" />

I get:

{error,[{[],xmerl_xsd,
         {reference_undeclared,simpleType,
                               {simpleType,{tLabel,[],[]}}}}]}