[erlang-questions] IPC bus for Erlang?

Camille Troillard tuscland@REDACTED
Fri Apr 3 12:42:40 CEST 2009

Hi Dan,
OK, I understand: I have actually tried to build wxWidgets
*after*installing Erlang.
I found some details to be a bit confusing:

When Erlang is built, there is no warning about a deprecated or absent
version of wxWidgets.  For me it's like everything was ready to go.  Having
found that it was not the case, I have tried to follow wxerlang
instructions.

So, in the wxerlang build instruction it is said that the wxWidgets build
should be static.  Because the wxerlang driver has been built successfully
and that it need a dynamic library, it didn't occurred to me that building
wxWidgets and Erlang in the right order would solve the problem.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know this.  I think it would be great if the
build instructions could reflect that*, or if by default Erland is not built
with wxWidgets support unless a correct static library is found.

Best Regards,
Cam

(*) that is, tell the user that on Mac OS X the wxWidgets system library
will not be used, and that a fresh build must be made before building
Erlang.