[erlang-questions] Appmon not starting under ubuntu linux

Oscar Hellström <>
Sat Sep 27 18:47:34 CEST 2008

Have you installed the erlang-x11 package on the Ubuntu machine? Appmon is using the GS application, which needs the X11 package.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Rubino" <>
To: "Erlang-Questions (E-mail)" <>
Sent: Saturday, 27 September, 2008 11:18:45 AM GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: [erlang-questions] Appmon not starting under ubuntu linux

Hi all,

I normally develop my Erlang apps under windows but this weekend am
having a go under Linux.

My apps compile and start fine however when I try and run appmon i.e.

The console just hangs and doesnt open the appmon interface.

I am running 5.5.5 - anyone come across this before?

erlang-questions mailing list

Best regards
Oscar Hellström,
Phone:  +44 (0)798 45 44 773