[erlang-questions] Problems cross-compiling OTP on ARM

Per Hedeland per@REDACTED
Sun Sep 28 01:55:12 CEST 2008

Claes Wikstrom <klacke@REDACTED> wrote:

>The xcompile pain is ... well big. We now xcompile to one
>additional cpu, I shudder to
>
>1. Port that stuff into latest greatest OTP
>2. Have one additional xcompile cpu to support.

Actually klacke, we already do 2 (for QNX on ppc - build system QNX on
x86...) - plus the odd test/eval build with uClibc and other nasties.
It's not such a big deal to do another once you have hacked the make
system in a somewhat reasonable way - I can't say I have a lot of trust
in it though, remember the bug we had where the result of running a test
program on the host was used for the target...

And as for 1, yes it will be a pain, but it will not be the biggest
one...

--Per