[erlang-questions] Problems cross-compiling OTP on ARM

Claes Wikstrom klacke@REDACTED
Fri Sep 26 22:29:49 CEST 2008

Mikael Pettersson wrote:

> I don't think the cross-compilation scenario was ever mentioned in
> those discussions.

Cross compilation support in the OTP make structure is severely
missing. I believe this is a truly important part that should be
addressed in a more formal way that Matt Langs patch set.

Quite a bit of work to get cross compile support all the way
into OTP make -  and support it. Nevertheless, truly important
issue for device developers. This should be done.
At Tail-f we have one customer running on xscale and we're
crosscompiling for that cpu - pain.

/klacke