[erlang-questions] First Erlang experiences- not so good

Toby Thain toby@REDACTED
Thu Sep 25 22:55:12 CEST 2008

On 25-Sep-08, at 1:50 PM, Tony Cappellini wrote:

> I get the same compile errors when I typed in the code and saved it.
> The author of that article downloaded the sources, compiled and ran
> them on his linux system, so it is not a download issue.
> If the Windows version of the Erlang shell is sensitive to encodings,
> it is a language related issue, not a download issue.

That file did not compile on OS X either - it wasn't ASCII text.

The program itself is correct. You can copy and paste into an ASCII
text editor and it will compile and run without problems.

--Toby