[erlang-questions] First Erlang experiences- not so good

Roger Critchlow rec@REDACTED
Thu Sep 25 22:04:49 CEST 2008

When I compile your example.erl on Linux, I get:

rec@REDACTED:~/erlang$ erlc ~/Desktop/example.erl
/home/rec-ubuntu/Desktop/example.erl:1: syntax error before: '-'
/home/rec-ubuntu/Desktop/example.erl:2: syntax error before: p
/home/rec-ubuntu/Desktop/example.erl:4: syntax error before: a
/home/rec-ubuntu/Desktop/example.erl:7: syntax error before: a
/home/rec-ubuntu/Desktop/example.erl:9: syntax error before: a
/home/rec-ubuntu/Desktop/example.erl:10: no module definition

which are exactly the same errors that you get when you compiled it on
Windows.

So the Linux version of Erlang has the same sensitivity to encodings as the
Windows version.

-- rec --