[erlang-questions] Timezone calculations

Juan Jose Comellas juanjo@REDACTED
Fri Sep 19 00:36:44 CEST 2008

That may work but it's really not suitable for lots of calculations. It
might be even better to use a hardcoded set of offsets or bite the bullet
and parse the zoneinfo files myself.

What is the best way to create bindings to the C functions that provide this
functionality in libc? Is it worth it to create a linked in driver for this?
What is the simplest way to create C bindings to lightweight functions that
have a very low risk of crashing the Erlang VM?