[erlang-questions] User Based Security Model (USM) in OTP's SNMP manager

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Thu Sep 18 21:04:35 CEST 2008

Hi, Vance, I don't know if you've discovered an answer to this question
yet or not ... the last I used the SNMP manager + USM was well over 1.5
years ago, so my memory is quite fuzzy.

IIRC, back then when using R11B-something (maybe -5?), I had problems
with USM using one of the two crypto methods.  I can't recall if it was
MD5 or AES.  (Have you tried using the AES flavor?)

I can't recall if there was a fix, or a work-around, or something else.
If it's still a problem, you can email me off-list, and I'll do more
digging through my emailbox and my brain to try to remember what
happened back then.

-Scott