[erlang-questions] User Based Security Model (USM) in OTP's SNMP manager

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Tue Sep 9 00:14:23 CEST 2008

I was updating the SNMP Quick Start tutorial on trapexit today
and I find that I still can't get USM working with the manager.

It was originally written when R10B-4 was current and there was
a known issue as I recall.  I made a note of it and went on
without using USM in the manager.  I see that OTP-5499 was closed
in R10B-5 however I still can't get the tutorial to work with USM
in the manager.

If anyone more familiar with SNMP could follow along and point
out why my examples are not working I'd appreciate it.  Maybe
it's a bug?

	http://www.trapexit.org/SNMP_Quick_Start

	-Vance