[erlang-questions] How to show non-ascii charaters correctly in erlang shell?

devdoer bird devdoer2@REDACTED
Fri Sep 12 04:38:06 CEST 2008

HI:

We have chinese words  input /output in erlang shell,and we want to show
them  correctly in terminal ,but the erlang shell only show the integer
number .
Eg. If we input "中文"  in the shell,it will appear as :
9> "\326\320\316\304".
"\326\320\316\304"

Is there a way to solve this? Can we telnet into erlang VM ,so we can
interact with the erlang VM by telent terminal not the erlang shell and the
telnet terminal  can show the non-ascii word correctly.

Can someone help me?